Insane House Of Jessica

I am a 30 yr. old single mother of 2. Both my kids (Austin, 8 & Alexia, 4) have ADHD and the Austin has ODD on top of it. I have Bipolar 1 Disorder with rapid cycling. I just graduated from college with an A.A. in Accounting and sdtarted a new job. I love to crochet. This is where I will share my experiences, good and bad, ones with you. My kids, work, and my crocheting for charities are the most part of my life I will be sharing.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Nov. 14 1956-Nov.28 2003

In April of 1993, at the age of 37, my mother found out she had Breast Cancer. She had a lumpectomy, radiation, and a bit of chemo.Then in 2002 she found out the cancer had not been gone, it just moved to her liver. Back to Covenant Cancer Treatment Center for her chemo. I took her every week and then we would go out and eat. I bonded with mom so much during this time. During the treatments we crocheted and taught other woman there to crochet. I ended up moving in with my mom and step-dad due to a divorce and I stayed to care for mom. My children bonded with her like I had with my grandparents. I started college in June 2003, still taking mom to treatment and caring for my kids... The end of June my mom was told that the cancer had spread to her brain. They put her on steroids and radiation treatments on top of the chemo. She seemed to get better. I had surgery in September and I think she stayed as healthy as she was to help me with my kids in October they said she only had a short time to live. I tried to stay in school and care for my kids and mom, but I had to drop out. It was getting to much for me. Mom had decided to stop all treatments and let nature take its course. November 12th mom fell and it took several of us to get her back in bed. My step-dad and decided that it was time to move her to a nursing home. Hospice took her for 5 days which was over her birthday. Hse was in the Nursing Home for almost 2 weeks and passed on Nov. 28th 2003, the day after Thanksgiving, AT THE AGE OF 47. I lost it. No matter how much you prepare yourself it will never be enough. I have learned that twice. Now as October is BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH....Please do a self-exam and talk to your doctor about what is the right time for you to start having mammograms...It is never too early. And the more breast cancer in your family the sooner you should start. So, I ended up go back to school and graduating to finish something for the first time in my life and I owe it all to mom. If she hadn't showed me strength with her illenss I would not have been able to go on with my life.

MOM I LOVE YOU. AUSTIN, ALEXIA, AND I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE GREAT TIMES WE HAD AND THE LOVE YOU GAVE US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home